On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM, hao he <speed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi.
>
> this following code show what I want to do,but 'red' line is incorrect,
>
>  if request.method == "POST":
>       form = MyForm(request.POST)
>       c = form.data["a"] + form.data["b"]
>       form.data["c"] = c
>       return render_to_response(template_name , {"form": form})
>
> how to modify it? thanks.

Perhaps if you put a few more words around what it is you are trying to do
someone might be able to offer useful help.  This code looks quite odd to
me.  You generally don't want to take values from form.data (which will not
have been normalized) but rather validate the form and then take values from
form.cleaned_data (which will be both validated and normalized).   Doing
nothing with what you've got other than displaying the form (again?) also
seems a bit odd.

Karen