I am using mysql.

Can someone clarify what format dates and times are stored in when
using just a standard DateTimeField?  Is my timezone encoded in the
database or is some generic, non-timezone-specific date/time stored?

I don't understand why I would want to save my timezone along with my
date/time.  It seems to me that I should just be saving the generic
form of the date/time and then rendering it in the format approriate
for the user that it is being rendered for.  IE, use the timezone only
when rendering, not when saving.

Margie