Hello all,

I'm making some first steps with Django having worked my way through
the tutorial.

I'm finding myself somewhat confused by the sites module.  I would
like to run two or three different sites.  It's trivial to 'create'
them using the admin interface, and it's clear how different objects
can be associated with sites, but what's not completely clear is how
this relates to display of material.

For example: I want each of my sites to have a completely different
set of templates.  How do I set this up?  And how do I test this on my
personal machine, using just the development server, where the actual
sites (well, base URLs) don't exist?

Second question (less important, but I'm curious): is it possible to
set up some kind of 'master site' so that www.mastersite.com/mysite1
and www.mastersite.com/mysite2 produce the same results, respectively,
as www.mysite1.com and www.mysite2.com?

The impression I get is that each site should have its own subdir with
its own settings.py, urls.py etc. but I've not found any explicit
statement/demonstration of this in the docs (least of all in the sites
module documentation).

Can anyone help?  I suspect this is trying to run before I can walk,
but I'm experimenting, so why not.

Thanks & best wishes,

    -- Joe