I recently found this web server (http://www.cherokee-project.com/)
that claims to be "the fastest web server". I'm not sure that holds
true for *CGI, but at least for static content they have some
impressive benchmarks. Despite the claimings, it's an interesting
alternative for what it supports out-of-the-box alone: administrative
interface, simpler configuration, transparent restart, load balancer,
db balancer, virtual hosts, TLS, and some other cool, easy to setup
features.

Setting it up for working with Django is a breeze (http://www.cherokee-
project.com/doc/cookbook_django.html) and I already did some tests,
now I'm considering trying it in production.

I wanted to know if someone here on the list is using or used Cherokee
with Django, if there's any performance improvements over Apache +
mod_wsgi/mod_python (specially for concurrent requests), and if there
are any gotchas with Django 1.1.

Thanks!