Rudy Lattae wrote:
> * Have you used Cherokee with Django?

I swapped a VPS a few months back from Apache + mod_python to lighttpd
(FCGI) then to nginx then to Cherokee (SCGI)... I got somewhat
frustrated with configuration editing and ugly/useless wiki
documentation, so ultimately the deciding factors for me were Cherokee's
well-formatted, easy to read (up to date!) documentation and the
cherokee-admin tool.

The cherokee-admin is often especially handy because I tend to run
little experiments in random sub-domains and you can make
updates/changes on the fly, tweaking things until they work right.

> * Have you run any benchmarks comparing (or noticed performance
> differences between) Cherokee and Apache + mod_wsgi/mod_python -- esp.
> for concurrent requests?

I haven't run any benchmarks. Anecdotally the speed has never been an
issue for me, I've generally been more worried about RAM usage (because
these are VPSes I'm using), and all of the FCGI/SCGI solutions I've used
seem to be about what I needed to better deal with that (particularly
for the sorts of sub-domains that don't get hit all that often).

> * Are there any issues, concerns, road blocks that one needs to
> lookout for when using Cherokee to serve a Django site/app/service?

I've been happy with it. The Cherokee documentation appears to tell you
everything you need to know, clearly and concisely. I haven't had any
problems with it (knock on wood), and its been running stably for a few
months now without the need for any further configuration tweaks or resets.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net