I think my problem is both 1 and 2. What happens when you want to use
python modules to analyse the extra field?

For Example:

Database table History:
    id       |  Ordered | Delivered | Invoiced |
    1              10           15           5
    2               5            5            3

class History(models.Model):
    ordered = models.IntegerField()
    delivered = models.IntegerField()
    Invoiced = models.IntegerField()

    def compute_problem(self):
         'here will be code that analyses the above data'
         if self.ordered > self.delivered:
             return self.ordered - self.delivered
         if self.invoiced < self.delivered:
             return self.delivered - self.invoiced
         return 0

Ideally I would like to create the virtual scenario:

    id       |  Ordered | Delivered | Invoiced | compute_problem
    1              10           15           5               -5
    2               5            5            3               -2

in the view I would like to do the following. Please note that my
compute_problem is a real basic example and I am sure that the above
example I could do in SQL but my methods become a lot more
complicated.

queryset = History.objects.filter().exclude(compute_problem = 0)

I can not modify the database as I am writing add-ons and not creating
the database myself.

I hope this makes a bit more sense. :)