Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to approach what I
imagine is a fairly common issue.

Say for example I'm developing a blog app (just to reinvent the wheel....
again). In my blog posts I want to link to something else on my site.
Normally I would use reverse (or {% url ... %} in a template) to avoid hard
coding urls. If I'm saving my post to the database though, theres no way to
do this.

The best solution I can come up with is to invent a new markup for internal
urls and write a template filter that will perform the reverse lookups for
me and replace my markup with html.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has done this sort of thing, maybe
not just with urls but anything else that might change.

Cheers,

Pete