Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2009-12-10, o godz. 13:41, przez Alexander
Dutton:

> As of last Thursday we've been seeing ~100% CPU usage from Apache,
> which
> we believe was caused by Debian Bug #528529[0], whereby psycopg2 was
> attempting to double free pointers, resulting in segfaults. This was
> then (we think) leaving database connections open, resulting in
> postgres
> saying "no more connections, TYVM" and the whole site 500ing. Not
> good.
>
> On Monday we worked out what was happening and pulled psycopg2 2.0.12
> from PyPI, as the bugfix hasn't been backported to Debian Lenny.
> Everything seemed happy, but now we're seeing similar symptoms again
> and
> were wondering if anyone else could help.
>
> Versionwise, we have:
> * Django 1.1
> * Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Jan  4 2009, 17:40:26) [GCC 4.3.2]
> * Debian Lenny
> * psycopg2 2.0.12-py2.5-linux-i686
> * postgresql 8.3.8

I got into similar problem once or twice, with another versions of
database software (even with psycopg1). The problem came from using
django.db.connection for ad-hoc queries and not closing the
transaction manually. Two solutions, both worked fine: stop using
django.db.connection for ad-hoc queries (just connect to postgresql
manually using plain DB-API provided by driver, either psycopg1 or
psycopg2) or after any select query call (harmless anyway in such
case) connection._rollback().

I never had such problem when using only Django ORM.

--
Artificial intelligence stands no chance against natural stupidity

Jarek Zgoda, R&D, Redefine
jarek.zg...@redefine.pl