hi,

I'm using Django pagination with jQuery. I can serialize the objects
list of the pagination object, but I'd like to serialize the whole
object to get more data (page number, total number of pages...). How
can I serialize the whole pagination object?

Thanks

***javascript***

function getRestaurants(query) {

        $.post("/getRestaurant/", query,
            function(data) {
                /* do stuff with data */
             },"json" );
}

***views.py***

def getRestaurant(request):

    results = Restaurant.objects.all()
    paginator = Paginator(restaurants, 5)

    # Make sure page request is an int. If not, deliver first page.
    try:
        page = int(request.POST.get('page','1'))
    except ValueError:
        page = 1

    # If page request (9999) is out of range, deliver last page of
results.
    try:
        results = paginator.page(page)
    except (EmptyPage, InvalidPage):
        results = paginator.page(paginator.num_pages)

    data=serializers.serialize("json", results.object_list) #I'd like
to serialize the whole results object

    return HttpResponse(data)