Django Fans,

Somewhere back in the pre-1.x days(via the newforms-admin branch) I
converted one of the sites I act as webmaster for, The Waco Agility Group's
site actually, to Django.  I got sidetracked exploring other frameworks and
haven't done much with Django since then.  I think I've decided to stick
with Django, and convert my personal website to Django also.  WAG's site has
been upgraded to Django 1.1.1 and is working well.

When I first converted WAG's site to Django I included enough functionality
to display photo galleries that were from the pre-Django site, and have
never gotten around to setting up a proper Django based gallery for the
site.  I'd like to do that, and add lots of other functionality to the site
also.  At this point I'm mainly looking for photo gallery suggestions.

I've tried out Django PhotoLogue a few times, and on my most recent attempt
I even got it to work which was progress over previous attempts.  It looks
like it might be missing some functionality I'd like to include.

A day or three ago I also came across Django FileBrowser, which looks like
it might help with some functionality I'd like to have.

Some of the items on my wish list include:

    Graceful handling of multi-photo uploads.  I notice FileBrowser handles
    that via uploadify, which I've used before.  PhotoLogue's zip file
    upload functionality is okay, but I'd prefer uploadify or similar
    functionality.

    The ability to rearrange photos in an album via drag 'n drop sorting.

    Allow most users to add/edit/sort/delete photos in galleries they
    created, and allow a select few users to do the above with any gallery.

Can, or will at some point in the future, PhotoLogue handle the above?
Would FileBrowser be a good choice to help implement a custom gallery?  Or,
is there perhaps any other plugins/applications I should explore?

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net