Good points. Anyone looking for information of this nature after
reading this thread is sure to find information that helps. I write
this as a Django novice, hoping that the process of writing tutorials
for myself as I learn and submitting them to the community for some
amount of review will push me further, faster.

Thank you for the comments, hopefully you'll read my next post
tomorrow and have more good info.