Since the official django-multilingual [1] does not support Django 1.2 (and has
some other annoying things in my opinion), I decided to create a new project
based off django-multilingual which works in 1.2 and has some other
improvements. This project is called django-multilingual-ng, it's on the
cheeseshop [2] (so you can easy_install/pip install it) and github [3].

Changes from django-multilingual:

- django 1.2 (beta 1) compatible
- deprecated language_id's in favour of languege_code's to make code easier to
write and allow changes to settings.LANGUAGES without corrupting the database
- admin UI improvements (a tabbed interface for languages instead of showing
all languages inline and forcing users to fill all of them in)
- an easy command to convert django-multilingual apps to django-multilingual-ng
(database migration, requires south)

The high level API stays the same, this means you can use the same syntax to
make your models multilingual as in django-multilingual. Due to the language_id
depreciation some low level APIs have changed. However they should make things
easier, not harder.

Currently the two things this project is missing is documentation and more
testing. I've tested it in my project and I can't find any issues.

If you have a look at it and maybe even use it, please give me your feedback
and especially report any bugs you encounter.

Jonas Obrist

[1] http://code.google.com/p/django-multilingual/
[2] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-multilingual-ng/0.1.0b1
[3] http://github.com/ojii/django-multilingual-ng