On Mar 1, 10:35 pm, Jirka Vejrazka <jirka.vejra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > customising templates.  I am wondering if there is an easy way to
> > spice up certain things, such as tables, in a similar way to the admin
> > interface does.  Specifically I'd like sortable/filterable columns at
> > this time, perhaps with the option to add checkboxes/custom buttons to
> > each row later (for editing records or selecting multiple records).
>
> Hi,
>
>   this is not very specific to Django as it is done using custom CSS
> (layout) and client-side JavaScript (sorting, filtering).
>
>   For CSS, check outhttp://www.w3schools.com/css/or similar (Google for it).
>
>   For JavaScript, nothing prevents you from checking Admin JS files
> and reusing those and/or learning from them.

Thanks Jirka.

I eventually found YUI (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui) which is
exactly what I was after.  With about 10 minutes work I was able to
integrate a YUI DataTable using a static block of data in Javascript.
In the future I will be able to expand this by obtaining the data from
AJAX instead.

Richard