On Mar 22, 11:25 pm, TheIvIaxx <theivi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure whose jurisdiction this falls under, but from my findings,
> this is what i have:
>
> Firebug reports 1.46/.055 sec waiting/downloading.  I need the
> "waiting" part to be less than 1 sec.
>
> It looks like sending the response is very fast, but preparing it is
> not.
>
> So i investigated as to where the slowdown is.  Using time.clock(),
> from the time django received the request to the time the response
> HTML is ready to ship its .72 sec.  So now i am wondering why it's
> taking django or apache another ~.72 seconds to get the html ready and
> fired off.
>
> Chrome reports similar results.
>
> Am i interpreting these times incorrectly?
>
> Thanks

Why do you think it should be faster than this? Django isn't just
'serving HTML', it's running a whole stack within which your code is
presumably calling views, accessing the database, and rendering
templates. Depending on the complexity of your app, .72 seconds could
well be a perfectly reasonable amount of time to do all that.

That said, there will almost certainly be areas within your code that
can be made more efficient - the Django debug toolbar is a great place
to start finding those slowdowns.
--
DR.