On Mar 22, 11:41 pm, TheIvIaxx <theivi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> im not about to say my code is prefect :)  I'll check out the toolbar
> thing.
>
> my problem though is that timing it to the point where it's completely
> out of my hands is .72 sec and then my browser doesn't get byte #1
> until 1.46 sec.  There is a big discrepancy and i'm not sure what is
> causing it.
>
> The .72 is after all views have be ran, all DB access has been made,
> and templates have been rendered to the HTML.  I get my last
> time.clock() right before returning the HttpResponse object

Sorry, I misunderstood your first message, when you said your timing
was from 'when Django receives the request'. Sounds like you've
already done quite a bit of internal profiling.

There's still quite a bit to be done after your return the response
(presumably you're calling render separately, before your timing call,
then returning the finished response afterwards). Most particularly,
there's all the response middleware to call - do you have anything
there? James Bennett once wrote a great article[1] about exactly how
Django deals with a request - as you can see, there's lots to go
through even after the view has finished its work.

[1]:http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2006/jun/13/how-django-processes-
request/

--
DR.