Hi there,

I'm reading the django book and they say that you can validate a form
like this in one line, checking for missing keys and missing data:

 if not request.POST.get('subject', ' ')
    errors.append('enter a subject')

I'm not sure how to read that line of code, though. Can someone
explain please?

Is this checking if the subject key is blank or nil and then appending
the error?
But if the subject key is nil, then the default value for the subject
key is made to be blank (' ')?

How does this code check for a non-existent subject key and the case
that the subject key exists, but is just empty?