> Sorry to have to say the last part is pure nonsense. Preserving data
> integrity is of course the only sane default behaviour. How could NOT
> preserving data integrity be "dangerous" ??? looonng query ? And ? So
> what ? You are supposed to know your data model, don't you ?

Bruno, I'm assuming your problem here is that you haven't read the
thread.  Cascading deletes can be enabled in MySQL and are,
apparently, enabled by default on PostgreSQL.  If this is the case, it
would be dangerous to allow potentially thousands of select statements
to be executed, in a loop, due to a seemingly innocuous web
operation... all without any need whatsoever.  Web development 101
would teach you that this can be dangerous and easily lock your site.
It was knowing my data model that had me investigate this.  I would
recommend to you two things, a) log your query activity to learn
what's going on under the covers and b) try something to help relieve
your anger.

> As for the "many developpers were bit by this", anyone in this
> situation is obviously not qualified to work as a programmer. Not in
> my team at least.

I'm sure your team is top notch and they would never tolerate query
slop.