Hi,

here is the way I do it: I use the TransactionMiddleware. Every request gets
commited or rollbacked (A of ACID (atomar)).

Only methods that are called from the shell (scripts in bin/...) have the
commit_on_success decorator.

If methods get used from the shell and from views, they do not use the
commit_on_success
decorator. Only the calling script in bin/ uses this.

I would not use django.db.transaction.rollback() or something. Use the
available decorators. Maybe you need to restructure your code to
put the statements which can fail into an new decorated method.

HTH,
  Thomas

--
Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/