Hi there,

It's a project started almost 2 years ago, and now we are doing some
improvements.

However, by chance I found something very bizarre. Let's say my site url is
"http://localhost/";. I have to "folders" 'uploads' and 'outputs' that are
giving the permissions in my httpd.conf file and for both the instructions
are the same (I use mod_wsgi).

   Alias /target/ "/##########/uploads/"

   <Directory "/##########/uploads">

       Order allow,deny

       Options Indexes

       Allow from all

       IndexOptions FancyIndexing

   </Directory>

   Alias /outputs/ "/##########/outputs/"

   <Directory "/##########/outputs">

       Order allow,deny

       Options Indexes

       Allow from all

       IndexOptions FancyIndexing

   </Directory>

I have no references to 'uploads' or 'outputs' in my urls.py files. So when
I type "http://localhost/uploads/";, I got:

 Page not found (404)  Request Method: GET  Request URL:
http://localhost/uploads/

Using the URLconf defined in urls, Django tried these URL patterns, in this
order:

   1. ^admin/(.*)
   2. ^fcweb/
   3. ^ccpngrid/
   4. ^acpype/
   5. ^accounts/login/$
   6. ^accounts/logout/$
   7. ^$

The current URL, uploads/, didn't match any of these.

You're seeing this error because you have DEBUG = True in your Django
settings file. Change that to False, and Django will display a standard 404
page.
Nice, but when I do "http://localhost/outputs/";, it shows the folder
content!

Index of /outputs

[image: Icon] Name <http://localhost/outputs/?C=N;O=D>
   Last modified <http://localhost/outputs/?C=M;O=A>      Size
<http://localhost/outputs/?C=S;O=A>  Description
<http://localhost/outputs/?C=D;O=A>
[image: [DIR]] Parent Directory <http://localhost/>
         -

How can fix that properly? For the moment I am putting a index.html in every
folder that is be showing explicitly.

Many thanks in advance,

Alan
--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.