On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Alan <alanwil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will try a partial answer to myself.
>
> I notice in httpd.conf that alias has the same name for the folder re
> outputs. So if I go to http://localhost/target/ (re uploads), this will
> show the files in the folder uploads.
>
> Fine. But still, I don't want this behaviour, I mean, I do what to refer to
> contents in these folders but I definitely don't want stranger sniffing the
> folders.
>
> So far I can remedy this situation putting 'index.html' everywhere, but
> this doesn't sound good solution at all.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Alan

So I think from your emails, what you are trying to do is to allow serving
from these folders on disk, but to not present a list of files in that
folder for anyone to come in and see.

Here is your configuration again, from the first post:

   Alias /target/ "/##########/uploads/"

   <Directory "/##########/uploads">

       Order allow,deny

       Options Indexes

       Allow from all

       IndexOptions FancyIndexing

   </Directory>

   Alias /outputs/ "/##########/outputs/"

   <Directory "/##########/outputs">

       Order allow,deny

       Options Indexes

       Allow from all

       IndexOptions FancyIndexing

   </Directory>

You explicitly turn on the indexes in this configuration. If you don't want
apache to include indexes, then maybe turn them off instead:

   Alias /target/ "/##########/uploads/"

   <Directory "/##########/uploads">

       Order allow,deny

       Options -Indexes