I’ve forwarded copies of 2 of the phishing posts privately to appropriate
engineers.

It’s pretty clear from reviewing them how they bypassed DMARC; in one case the
forged FROM address simply left off the aol.com domain, and just had the AOL
Screen Name (that the recipients would recognize) in the FROM field. It was
sent to the contact list of the owner of that screen name, so either there was
another break-in at AOL or it was a holdover from the earlier hack of AOL.

The other was sent to a Yahoo Groups list. As Yahoo Groups has their own
workaround this worked.

The point is that there is no solution to the phishing problem thus far; while
these attempts would not fool anyone on this list, they will fool a vast
majority of email subscribers.

best regards,
Larry

--