On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 3:59 PM, J. Gomez via dmarc-discuss
<dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org> wrote:

> Crazy analogy? Apt analogy?

I find it apt, having lived through the open relay wars. The actors
are the same here; just the names have changed. Some saying "shrug,
just deal with it," some saying "it's the death of email as we know it
and doesn't stop spam at all." They're both right, but only to a
degree. No, it's not a magic solution to the spam problem, as it
closes only one door, not all of them.

At least nobody's threatened to sue me over DMARC....I don't really
miss the crazy legal threats and conspiracy theories surrounding open
relay blocking. Though I have had people I respected aim a couple of a
low punches in response to me advocating that they just deal with
DMARC and get over it.

Cheers,
Al

--
Al Iverson | Chicago, IL | (312) 725-0130
Twitter: @aliverson / www.spamresource.com