On 6/7/2014 4:23 PM, Larry Finch via dmarc-discuss wrote:
> If my post implied criticism of you I apologize.

Larry, I didn't take it as criticism,but wanted to check for confusion.
 Anyhow, thanks for being sensitive.

> I was simply building on your observation

ack.

> The workarounds thus far deployed for mailing lists (from both L-Soft
> and Mailman) are really ugly, and make lists harder to use for all
> users of lists.

It would be worth documenting both the nature of how they are harder to
use and the extent of the effect.

There is a widely held view that the only effect is a bit of visual
ugliness, rather than of any serious user detriment.

>      but I have seen no
> decrease in the incidence of phishing emails since Yahoo and AOL
> deployed p=reject. My banks and other financial institutions have
> also deployed DMARC p=reject, and I still get several
> convincing-looking phishing emails a week. I can recognize them
> instantly, but apparently many Internet users cannot. I could also
> recognize them before DMARC was implemented, so DMARC provided no
> benefit to me. So from the perspective of an end user DMARC is a
> failure.

Hmmm.  Many folk claim large and wonderful benefit. And here we have a
claim to the contrary.

We need to find a way to get objective and comparable information about
this.

d/

--
Dave Crocker