If you look at the spec, there is a strong recommendation to have it this way:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-04#section-15.4
 550 5.7.1 Email rejected per DMARC policy for example.com
It should make your internal discussion easier…

We found out that putting the word DMARC in the error message, allows bounce
processors at ESPs, mailing lists, to understand there is a mailbox there, just
not taking that email...

Cheers