>Some on this list will argue that "update" is a wrong word, though.

I would certainly agree with that.

There's a summary of all the mitigation techniques I know here:

http://wiki.asrg.sp.am/wiki/Mitigating_DMARC_damage_to_third_party_mail

If I've missed any, drop my a line and I'll send you a password so you
can edit the wiki.

On my lists, I'm currently rewriting stuff from DMARC'ed domains to
use forwarding addresses.  So if a list message is from, say,

 From: Marissa <mme...@yahoo.com>

 From: Marissa <mme...@yahoo.com.dmarc.fail>

It locally arranges for that address to forward back to the original
one for a few days, and adds an appropriate DKIM signatures.  It was
all surprisingly easy to do, about 100 lines of python and perl.

R's,
John