Hello Marc,

Sorry to hear about your spoofing troubles. The situation sounds urgent and
complex.

My first suggestion would be to set expectations with your management team.
You are embarking on a large project that will unearth email complexities
that are not currently understood or appreciated. The DMARC policies you
put in place to reduce harm from spoofing could also block important
legitimate email sent via 3rd parties. That collateral damage will have a
business impact, and must be anticipated and managed.

When we implemented a DMARC policy at SendGrid, we discovered that some
business units used 3rd party hosted apps that sent mail on our domain's
behalf. Some of those apps (like HR software or ops monitoring services)
sent mail from a broad range of external shared IPs, so we had to find ways
to get them to route our mail differently -- through dedicated IPs that we
could safely add to our SPF record.

For some weeks we'd occasionally discover new sources of legitimate mail
that was being rejected or quarantined, then work with the affected
business unit and their 3rd party tech partner/app to correct the issue.

You asked:

b) in regards to dmarc records you need to specify an email adress for
replies, can this always be the same e-mail for all 100's e-mail domains ?

Yes, you can route your forensic and aggregate DMARC reports to the same
address for all your domains. There are several good 3rd party services
that can consume your DMARC reports.

I suggest you configure your rua and ruf with an internal email address.
That will allow you to archive the raw reports and then forward or relay
the reports to one or more tools or 3rd party services that will consume
the reports and provide you with useful metrics and actionable insights.

Best of luck on your project.

Regards,
Paul Kincaid-Smith

On Nov 4, 2015, at 05:00, Marc Luescher via dmarc-discuss <