Hi Marc,

Largely echoing others:

  *   This is not a one-week project, you'll be lucky if it's a one-quarter
project. To get to a steady state you have to (a) work with every 3rd-party
sender used by every business unit in every country in which the companies do
business, a non-zero fraction of whom won't [prefer to] speak English and (b)
establish working procedural changes for all future uses of email worldwide
that include establishing adequate authentication as part of every 3rd-party
sender engagement.
  *   Get expert help! There are many pitfalls, you are probably better off
learning from a consultant with relevant experience than from angry business
units whose revenues you just disrupted...
  *   Definitely pilot with a few domains. Also take for granted the need to
set different policies for different domains as you get authentication coverage
up to an acceptable level at different times for different domains.
  *   Survey the available tools. A small investment of time now will save you
a lot of lost time and disrupted business later. Dmarcian is good. Agari is
good. I assume Return Path is good. I have probably offended several people by
forgetting about other excellent options.
  *   Yes, you can send feedback for many domains to a single domain, but there
is an access control protocol: the domain receiving all of the feedback has to
publish specific additional DNS records to authorise
mail-receivers/feedback-senders to send to an address in that domain (otherwise
DMARC would provide a DDoS vector). All of the DMARC-feedback-analysis service
providers provide destination addresses with this already set up, all of the
large receivers performing DMARC processing will honour this when sending
feedback.

Good luck!

- Roland

[http://www.trustsphere.com/images/signatures/trustsphere.png]<https://www.trustsphere.com>