From: "Larry Finch via dmarc-discuss" <dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org>
To: "Nicolás via dmarc-discuss" <dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 12:46:31 PM
Subject: Re: [dmarc-discuss] Office 365 does not repect dmarc rejection
policy!?

On Nov 25, 2015, at 9:13 AM, Jacob Evans < dmarc-li...@jacobdevans.com > wrote:

Larry,
....host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [2607:f8b0:400e:c01::1b] said: 550-5.7.1
Unauthenticated email from appalachiatech.com is not accepted due to
550-5.7.1 domain's DMARC policy. Please contact administrator of
appalachiatech 550-5.7.1 .com domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please
visit 550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn
about DMARC 550 5.7.1 initia......
-Jake

I manage 15 listserv mailing lists on a non-profit server site. We do not play
games to make our outgoing messages DMARC compliant, because it would require
updating our listserv license at a cost of $6,000, and our annual budget is
$1,500. Mail from ISPs with a REJECT policy are delivered to our gmail
addressees, but marked as potential spam. But once the user approves them
future messages from a list are delivered without warnings. They are still not
delivered to ISPs that respect the REJECT policy, of course. But Microsoft is
not a problem either. We have solved any DMARC issues by not allowing users of
ISPs with REJECT policies to post directly, although occasionally one gets
through. Instead, a moderator intercepts the message and reposts it. And asks
the sender to stop using Yahoo. Most have complied.

Larry

--
Larry Finch
finc...@portadmiral.org