On 30/05/18 06:09, Brandon Long via dmarc-discuss wrote:

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 8:10 AM Alessandro Vesely via dmarc-discuss <dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org <mailto:dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org>> wrote:

    I know ARC proponents don't want author's domains to sign ARC-0,
    but never
    understood why.  Anyway, ordinary forwarders will need to ARC sign
    forwarded
    messages too, which includes pretty much all mail sites. The
    latter is *not* a
    slow-moving data set.  It grows steadily.

No, ordinary forwarders which break DKIM need to ARC sign.  If you're just an ordinary forwarder, why break DKIM?

Plenty of ordinary forwarders break DKIM:

 * Essentially all customer-controlled Exchange servers. (Office 365
   fixed this a while back for server-side rules, but this has not made
   its way into customer-controlled installations generally, or perhaps
   not even into the product.)
 * Plenty of ordinary forwarders add footers, strip attachments.
   Fortunately virus scanner spam has largely stopped.
 * Etc.

I have previously singled out MIMEsweeper for gratuitous re-encoding of body parts and am pleased to report that my doing so led to that problem being fixed. 1 down, 999 to go... Cases like this will appear as a small fraction of the email volume of large receivers, but require a disproportionately large number of fixes. It may not be 1,000, but I'm certain that it's hundreds.

- Roland