On 25-05-18 13:00, Alessandro Vesely via dmarc-discuss wrote:
On Thu 24/May/2018 20:58:30 +0200 John Levine via dmarc-discuss wrote:

In article <445884976.7940.1527153118...@appsuite.open-xchange.com> you write:
This is actually an area of concern to us: how will small scale operations,
like a server that only hosts a handful
of mailing lists for local non profits / open source projects / amateur groups
etc, be able to be recognized as
trusted ARC intermediaries? The big players have reputation systems that could
be used for this as well, but what
about everyone else?
People at big providers tell me that they're likely to seed a public
whitelist of ARC forwarders.
Wasn't this tried for SPF already?

Assuming, for the sake of argument, that such a whitelist will be ready right
after ARC's availability, by that time most mailing lists will have adjusted
their From: rewriting so as to work smoothly with DMARC.

I may live in another world or the mailing lists to which I subscribe may be different from the ones you subscribe to, but it is my experience that most mailing lists didn't implement the From rewriting kludge, but instead implemented the 'reject from domains that publish p=reject'. For the mailing lists I manage I have set the sender addresses like @yahoo.com etc. to 'nomail' and told the subscribers to switch ESP.

Hence, by the "If it
ain't broke, don't fix it" principle, I see no likely looking mass adoption of
ARC+whitelist.  What am I missing?

Rewriting the From address can be seen as 'breaking the system'. For example: in my Inbox overview I see your message coming from 'dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org' so I can't make an informed decision about what prio to give your message in relation to all the other messages in my Inbox waiting to be opened. So, paraphrasing on what you write I would suggest: 'if it's broken, fix it!'. ARC+whitelist may prevent mail admins from using kludges like the rewriting of From addresses.

/rolf