On 05/30/2014 10:20 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Friday, May 30, 2014 17:07:30 Elizabeth Zwicky wrote:
>> On 5/29/14, 8:44 PM, "Scott Kitterman" <skl...@kitterman.com> wrote:
>>> DMARC change is even more off the table than MLM software change
>> DMARC changes are not off the table for Yahoo. ...
> Great.  Then instead of submitting DMARC as is via a non-IETF process, let's
> have a working group chartered to do that work.

The Independent Submissions stream is an IETF process. However it does
not involve a working group.

Whether due to too much concern over potentially incompatible changes,
or too much alarm at the language used to try to avoid it, past attempts
to form a working group failed. More than one attempt was made. The
Independent Submission stream was not the first choice.

I have wanted to see DMARC - and any other necessary protocols - become
the subject of a working group for two years. I hope we can find a way
to make that happen.

--S.