On Jun 23, 2014, at 1:44 AM, Barry Leiba <barryle...@computer.org> wrote:
> Let's please stop all the other discussions for now, and say that the
> purpose of the <dmarc@ietf.org> mailing list is, for now, to discuss
> the charter proposal and converge on a charter for a working group.
>
> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/appsawg/trac/wiki/DMARC

IMO, the proposed Charter does a good job of recognizing the complexity of the
topic, which is why it seems to be long.

Two points stick out to me.  One of emphasis and one of clarity.

1. I like the break out of different tracks.  The divide and conquer approach
would give time and attention to all facets of the work (I don't see any
missing tracks at a high level).

        As a bonus, maybe specific areas of work can be announced in advance so
that everyone involved knows what to expect.  This would help keep list
conversations relevant to the focus of the WG, and would also allow people time
to solicit feedback/participation on specific topics from interested
communities.

2. "The working group will seek to maintain the viability of stable
domain-level identifiers in mail.." This is a powerful statement.  I take this
to mean that the WG won't have to focus on the "Why" of stable domain-level
identifiers in mail?  If this is the case, I'm suddenly seeing the WG as being
able to focus on the technical work.

=- Tim