On Tue 01/Jul/2014 18:00:43 +0200 Dave Crocker wrote:
> On 6/20/2014 12:38 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
>> Here is some draft text to consider for a DMARC working group charter:
>

> G'day,
>
> I've looked over the small amount of mail posted about the draft charter
> and do not see any changes mandated.
>
> Apologies if I've missed something, and I assure you it wasn't
> intentional.  So please do re-state the suggestion.

My question about the stance toward DKIM tweaks[1] was never answered.
 To re-state, while preclusion is apparent for the organizational
domain issue, it is not clear for DKIM.  The charter says:

   The working group will not develop additional mail authentication
   technologies, but may document authentication requirements that
   are desirable.

Something similar to the example I-D in [1] was expressed in recent
discussions, so I hope for additional developments of existing mail
authentication technologies not being precluded.  Please clarify.

Clarity and comprehensibility are very important from my POV[2].  For
that sake, I suggest the charter mention candidate solutions such as
DKIM-Delegate and TPA-Labels explicitly.  Some further wordsmithing
may be advisable too.

Thank you
Ale

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dmarc/current/msg01419.html

[2] I'm a (very) small mailbox provider, and I think the IETF ought to
provide some suitable-for-all specifications for running effective
MTAs, the 'S' in SMTP.  Otherwise we might as well limit ourselves to
using Google or Apple and be happy.  That's why I try and participate
in some WGs.