On 1/6/2015 1:25 PM, John R Levine wrote:
RFC 7208 is quite clear about what constitutes an SPF pass.

Perhaps it should be referenced rather than RFC 4408 then.

Right, 4408 is now obsolete.

Not operationally.

SPF PASS is what "Local Policy" implementation options has allowed for the last past 10 years. In our package implementation, an +ALL policy is acceptable by default (option is provided to continue testing additional filtering scripts). For the most part, we are looking for the obvious failure which is where the highest payoff is realized. All else pretty meaningless or not well defined how to best handle the anonymous, unsolicited +ALL policy checks.

--
HLS