J. Gomez writes:

 > It's about time that MLM software that modifies the in-flight
 > message, rendering its DKIM signature invalid, takes ownership as
 > Author of the new modified message they are resending.

Not going to happen.  GNU Mailman list owners have had the option
since November 2013, many were forced to use it in the Great DMARC
Fiasco of last April, and they hate it.  So we are not going to force
it on anybody.

I can't speak for other MLM maintainers, but I suspect many have had
similar experiences and probably all have some list owners who hate
the idea of "taking ownership" -- they'll probably make it optional
too.

Many of us hate the idea in principle, anyway.  In our interpretation
of RFC 5322 the modifications the MLM makes do not create a new
message any more than adding Received fields does (and of course there
are very good reasons to keep the Message-Id).