How does this solve anything? What prevents non-owners of mailing lists
proclaiming the presence of a mailing list within "that" domain? What prevents
malicious individuals setting up a mailing list and proclaiming it?

> Having said that, I don't like the idea of designing all sorts of auxilliary
> technologies to solve the problems introduced by DMARC, or better said: if
> we'd come up with such helper technologies we should try to address as
> many use cases, presented in [1], as possible. If we do not, at the the end of
> the day we'll have created a myriad of new technologies, considerably
> increased the complexity of the e-mail ecosystem worldwide with a net
> result of zero as long as senders still treat p=reject as p=none/quarantine.

You will never avoid "local policy" - that is reality. As an aside, don't you
mean " as long as VALIDATORS still treat p=reject as p=none/quarantine."