On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 12:38:15 PDT,
"Murray S. Kucherawy" <superu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Even if we were all to concur that altering the From by adding the list is
> the right way forward here (an intriguing idea at the moment), the question
> of ordering would need to be addressed, and then how that applies to all
> the standards we're talking about, and how MUAs need to be nudged to make
> use of such things.

We're not all going to concur, but let me chime in anyhow:

The ordering of "Authors" in the From ought to be fairly easy.  In any
applicable case, there will be at least two DKIM-Signatures, of which one
(the list's) will be valid, and the other (the original Author's) will
be invalid by itself.  The list's valid signature includes (e.g.) "fsf=2",
indicating that the From-transformation added the second From mailbox, so
that the first is the original Author's.  Reconstruction the original
message my reversing all reversible transformations should result in
a message for which the original Author's DKIM signature is valid,
confirming that the first mailbox in the "new" message is the original
Author's.

(Here, I'm assuming that the consensus that we won't reach would want
the From order to match the temporal order of mailbox addition.)

Some gentle suggestions for MUAs:

1.  Display the whole 5322.From header, as well as the Sender.

2.  In the absence of "Reply-To", replies should go to the
    first 5322.From mailbox, and reply-to-all to everybody.

MJA