Scott Kitterman writes:

 > Yahoo, for example, already consider the impact of this and other
 > breakage to be less than the benefit of p=reject.

True, but the benefit of p=reject is huge: Yahoo! claims malicious
mailflows of more than a million messages per minute disappeared like
magic when they published p=reject.  Such a flow surely stressed their
systems, and I'm sure they consider the potential for high losses due
to contact-list-based phishing to be important, if only for the damage
to their reputation that would ensue.

 > I expect their willingness to invest engineering resources in
 > further reducing a level of breakage they've already determined is
 > acceptable will be limited.

Of course it's limited.  But the only cap I can be sure of is the
difference between benefit of p=reject (see above) and cost (1 day of
manager-admin meetings to decide to do it, and 15 seconds of admin
time to change the DNS record, ie, basically zero).  I believe that
difference to be orders of magnitude larger than the cost of
implementing a dozen delegation protocols, and therefore irrelevant.

What matters is the benefit that the p=reject domains perceive to
improving service to their mailbox users.  I have no information about
that.  Of course I suspect that the value to them of such improvements
is close to nil, but until they actually say that, I'm going to hope.

If you have better information about how much they value such
improvements, I'd love to hear about it.  But I rather doubt you do;
the techs surely don't have the authority to say they will do it, and
at best a guess of what they need to offer management to get
permission, and management won't discuss the value of a bird in the
bush (not if they have half a brain amongst them, anyway).