Yes, it is too much.   I could care less how DMARC works, in the sense
that it clearly _doesn't_ work.   Knowing how it works is not my
problem, and is not the secretariat's problem.   Making IETF mailing
lists work is the secretariat's problem (not mine anymore).
Belittling people who are arguing that a long-standing problem needs
to be fixed is not appropriate.