On 01/20/2017 11:23, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> I'm not on the ARC list, so I'll pile on this thread here...

This is the right place for anything constructive regarding the
specification, so no problem regarding any other lists.

> I understand the minimum key size in the draft is 512 bits.  I'm not planning
> on releasing any software that supports key sizes less than 1024, so I
> guarantee you interoperability problems for small keys.

+1 -- no need for weak keys.

1) Do we have a normative reference within the RFC framework for key
lengths for different crypto systems, and can we simply invoke that
reference rather than including a hard figure in this spec?

2) Does such a reference still consider 1k keys as acceptable at this
time? Is there a schedule for periodic review?

--S.