For our usage, we still consider dmarc=fail, and then include the actual
disposition (dis=) in the comments in the auth-res header.  In the xml rua
report, we would then specify in the PolicyEvaluatedType the actual
disposition and the PolicyOverrideType of local_policy with a comment
saying arc=pass.

This is all said explicitly in draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-08 9.6.2,
though it does this with the fragment of the dmarc report instead of in
text.

We could expand this to something like...

ARC is not used in DMARC evaluation, the DMARC result is independent of
ARC.  ARC can be used by a receiver to override the Domain Owner's policy
and apply a different disposition from what they asked for.  In that case,
it should be reported as a DMARC fail with a PolicyOverrideType of
local_policy.

Brandon