>> You should at least have a meeting to decide what you are going to do with
>> DMARC.  It should be turned into a Proposed Standard.
>
> This is on the roadmap charter for the working group but we are not yet to
> the point of working on that milestone.

Yes, but more broadly, Hector is not wrong.

We started with ADSP, which we thought was what we needed, but we
quickly found that it had basic flaws that made it not work well.  We
rescinded it.  That's good.

So then some major email providers got together and beat out what they
thought they *actually* needed.  That's also good.  They brought what
they came up with to the IETF, but what that *is* is substantially the
same as ADSP with the addition of feedback/reporting features.  It
suffers from very similar flaws to ADSP, and we're seeing the
unfortunate results of that.

That is bad.

And so we're working on ARC, which attempts to partially address the
flaws.  Again, good, but it's taking quite some time to get it done.
We initially planned to get it done quickly and then to move on to the
next step with DMARC.  We need to get there.

We also need to understand whether there's really anything we intend
to do with DMARC.  Do we *know* what we might do?  Do we have any plan
for a way forward?  Are we hoping that ARC will fix enough of it that
we can make the combination into a standard?

As always, I know this is all volunteer work, and we do things as can
find the time to do them.  That said, we really need to push this
stuff up in priority, because we really need some mitigation to the
DMARC damage, and developers such as Hector need to know what they
should code into their products so they can get something stable in
there and move on to other features.

Barry