I am working on yet another ARC library and am wondering what to do
about SHA1 signatures and 512 bit keys.  The DCRUP working group has
sent a DKIM update to the RFC editor which finally kills SHA1 hashes
and RSA keys shorter than 1024 bits.  It's in the queue and will be
published when they get around to it, probably next month.

On the assumption that ARC signatures track DKIM, what should I do?
At the moment I have a "strict" option in the verifier which when set
rejects SHA1 hashes and short keys.  I suppose it should be on by
default, but a couple of the tests in the YANG test suite have SHA1
signatures.  There's also a test that 512 bit signatures are rejected,
so depending on the setting currently I can either fail the SHA1
signatures or I can fail the short key signature.

Suggestions?

Signed,
Uncertain

PS: Coming soon to DKIM, ed25519 signatures, but since the underlying
library code isn't in OpenSSL yet, I'm not yet worrying about it.