>> the spec does not define *which* DKIM signature should be reported in
>> the DMARC RUA created by a receiver.
>> [... skip proposed order ...]
>
> This seems overcomplex.  How about saying the reports SHOULD include
> all valid DKIM reports.  If they can't, they can't, and I don't see
> any benefit in offering advice on how not to comply.

In my implementation, I have two points where I don't comply:

*Maximum signatures in a message*

That is to avoid silly attacks (but consider the recent SKS attack).  It
is about 1000, IIRC.  The rest is not verified.

*Maximum signatures reported in rua*

This is much lower, currently 4.  It's there because transitive closure
is not yet available on a number of SQL products.  In particular,
MariaDB needs 10.2.2[*], which is not yet in Debian stable.  The
workaround is to left joint a (finite) number of times the table with
itself[†].

How about this:

    In the presence of multiple signatures, aggregate reports SHOULD
    mention at most 1000 and at least 4 signatures (if available), in
    order of decreasing importance.

?

Best

[*]