On Wed 07/Aug/2019 17:16:29 +0200 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

>> If the definition of ptype smtp were "a parameter of the SMTP session used
>> to relay the message" it would be perfect.  I'd propose that policy.iprev
>> be deprecated and smtp.remote-ip used instead>>
>
> Given that RFC8601 was published just last month, it'll probably be a while
> before this happens.

Wouldn't an accepted erratum be enough to change the wording in the IANA page?

About the new ptype, a reviewer suggested to also use it to report whether the
query supported DNSSEC.  No DNSWL that I know supports it.  However, I know
some DKIM filters report that feature either as a comment or as a reason in the
dkim= methodspec.  Using the new ptype might make that clearer.  Consider:

      dkim=pass dns.sec=yes header.i=@example.org header.b=j5aQ3SJv

What you think?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vesely-authmethod-dnswl-11#section-2

Best