On 05/15/2020 11:26, Seth Blank wrote:
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/ticket/69

Aggregate reports are only sent in XML format. There's been some discussion (that's also related to https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/ticket/42 about expanding reporting functionality beyond mailto:), of adding additional reporting formats, specifically JSON.

Should we consider adding JSON formatting to DMARC?

I don't see the benefit. Can anybody make that case?

More overhead to maintain, more opportunity for errors. Does adding JSON somehow eliminate the anecdotes about report generators who have issues with their XML output? Any reason to think that wouldn't also happen with JSON?

Does adding JSON reporting solve one of the other open tickets?

--S.