On 7/13/2020 12:29 PM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:

I'd support making that a WG I-D.

I am having trouble with it, so ~1

IMHO, it could be standard track and modify RFC 5322 if accepted.

It will modify all specs related to DKIM where there is an Author (5322.From) design requirement.

I don't see how a new "5322.Author" header changes anything especially if NOT defined with the following characteristics:

- MUST NOT be modified
- MUST be hash to signature.

Dave, indicated it is expected to be hashed bound to the signature. That makes a SHOULD but not a MUST.

I don't see how we can trust a DKIM-signature that has no immutable identity requirement to it.

--
Hector Santos,
https://secure.santronics.com