On 9/29/2020 6:54 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 9/29/2020 3:41 PM, Hector Santos wrote:

Do you have an algorithm that replaces the current one?

I've no idea what any of your note has to do with the DKIM protocol
specification.

wow.

By way of a small example, DKIM does not have o=.

Right, you were instrumental in attempting to "separate" policy from DKIM to create DKIM-BASE, a success, it allowed progress to be made with DKIM, but it never separated the signer::author identity association primarily because, once again, DKIM-BASE is still inherently bound to the 5322.From field. You never separated the DKIM anchor identity and it was stated many times, until then, we will always have the signer::author relationship and policy protocols based on this relationship.

Until it is changed, DKIM will always have this self-signed signer::author relationship. That goes back to DomainKeys with o=, early DKIM with o=, removed in DKIM-BASE as you gracefully pointed out but it moved to ADSP (now DMARC).

But really, nothing in your note concerns the published and approved
specification.

Published and approved, yet seeking further comments. From I had already read and understood from the start, all in once sentence:

Extract 5322.Sender, if found, use this for DMARC lookup, if not found, fall back to 5322.From

Correct? Anything else?

The only systems that this will work with is compliant downlink receivers. Non-compliant receivers are still a problem. At the end of the day, the Mailing List Server (MLS) still needs to support DMARC on the inbound side.

--
Hector Santos,
https://secure.santronics.com