Hi Alessandro,

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020, at 8:17 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
> On Mon 26/Oct/2020 22:58:50 +0100 Tim Wicinski wrote:
> > Please review this draft, and we are looking for *objections to adoption*,
> > and
> > send comments to the list stating your objections.  The working group can
> > pick
> > over the document after adoption.
> >
> > Also, the Chairs have announced that the document will be split into
> > multiple
> > pieces. The details around this split will be sent out shortly in a
> > separate email.
>

> I don't think there is going to be much use of the document after the split.

The idea is that we are starting from adopting a known document in a known
state, which will take less time than discussing 3 adoption calls of documents
that are nowhere ready for the WG to review.

> Perhaps, it's more efficient to split the document first, so as to let the WG
> review documents which are more or less in their final shape.  Adopting and
> discussing a document that is not going to be published as RFC seems rather
> tortuous.

IMHO, adopting 3 documents will take much longer and we can start spinning
wheels discussing whether certain changes represent WG consensus, etc.

> I'm not objecting, I'm just confused.

Best Regards,
Alexey