In article <b0f72407-81ce-9990-4a5b-7b0e5b76e...@mtcc.com>,
Michael Thomas  <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:
>When I was at Cisco, with l= and some subject line heuristics I could
>get probably like 90+% verification rate across the entire company, a
>company that uses external mailing lists a lot. Definitely not 100% though.

I think you will find that at very large mail systems like gmail and
Microsoft and Yahoo, 90% might as well be 0%. The volume of errors is
just too high and the number of complaints would be impossible.

While I almost never see the sort of spam leakage through mailing lists
that Brandon reports, I believe him when he says it's enough of a problem
that Gmail can't just whitelist traffic from mailing lists.

R's,
John
--
Regards,